December 28, 2010

Fire and Ice interview



Even though Fire and Ice has only written about a dozen songs, they might be my favorite band. On top of that, they're on possibly the best label going, Triple-B, along with Dead End Path, Bane and Downpresser and they're from Richmond, which has one of the most thriving scenes in the States. Fire and Ice have a groove sort of sound, introspective lyrics and occasional Leeway style melodic vocals.
Interview is with their drummer, Flza.

How long has Fire and Ice been around?

We started getting the idea together fall/winter of '08 but didn't start writing until late 08 early 09. Then we played our first show aug of '09

I know some of Fire and Ice is also is Bracewar. What other bands have you guys been in (past or present)?

Present- me and Dave are in No Values and me and Groater are in Bracewar.

Past-
Groater was in Down to Nothing for a long time.
Mark was in Junk Yard Dogs.
Dave was in Iron Boots, Tarpit, Society Sucker and Bracewar
And I was in Iron Boots and Victim

Triple B Records is one of the best labels right now, what’s it like to be part of that family?

It's great man, triple b's been on top of their shit the past year. Sam is an awesome guy

How has the scene changed since you first got into it and how do you feel about the current hardcore scene?

I mean it's definitely changed but I don't feel like it's any worse now than then. I feel like you gotta live in the now and not dwell in the past ya know?

Grave Digger is a song that I think has a lot to say. Care to elaborate on it?

Really it's just about kids who come into hardcore, try to climb the social ladder and peace. They might care about hc at first but really they're trying to be on the tip of everyones tongue. There's no room for that shit.

Richmond seems like such a solid city for punk and hardcore. What’s your opinion on the Richmond scene?

I'm going to be a little ballsy and say it's the best place for hardcore right now. We consistently have great turnouts at 90% of the shows we've had this year. In my opinion we have the best fest of the year. I love it. Some of the best bands in punk and hardcore. Home sweet home.

If you had to site two or three bands as main influences, who would they be?

Obviously Leeway. Crown of Thornz, White Devil.

Aside from hardcore, what have you been listening to lately?

It's Christmas man, I rock the Christmas station!

Fire and Ice on Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment