December 9, 2010

Hardside interview


I don't know what they're feeding the kids over in Texas, but the state is producing some of the hardest bands hardcore has to offer. Hardside is a relatively new band from San Antonio. They play mean, streetwise hardcore similar to fellow Texans Bitter End. They've got a new 7" called Crucified coming out on 6131 Records in January, so keep an eye on them.
Interview with Hardisde's vocalist, Zane.


What should kids who haven't heard Hardside expect?
I would say a mix between Leeway and Merauder, maybe the Merauder Eddie Sutton demo hahah

How did Hardside come together?
We all knew each other before the band. We just wanted to do a new band with a sound that nobody else was doing which I think is true about our new 7 inch Crucified.

The cover of your demo paints a pretty grim picture of San Antonio. How has the city influenced your music and lyrics?
The city isn't bad at all, I love living here. Sometimes the summer can be hotter then hell ha. The city itself hasn't really, but in some of the unrecorded new songs it has. But the grimmer stuff I'm talking about has happened in the city of San Antonio.

How long have you personally been into hardcore and what turned you onto it?
I have since around 8th grade. I'd always skate around and jam, I've always loved Pantera and they made it easy for me to get into the core. I'd say just the overall energy of it.

Are there any non-hardcore bands that influence your music?
Lots man, mainly shit like Sepultura and Soulfly kinda stuff as well as Type O Negative. I like alot of other bands too but I wouldn't say they are influences in the band.

Who are some Texas bands everybody should check out?
Some sweet ones are Bitter End, Power Trip, Mammoth Grinder, Worlds Below, Losing Grip, Humanerror and End Times.

What’s next for Hardside as far as new music, touring etc?
Our new 7 inch coming out is called Crucified out on 6131 records in January. A west coast tour in December and a sweet Midwest tour with Bitter End and Power Trip. We also plan on touring all summer so chances are we'll be in the area soon.


Check out their Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment