January 17, 2011

Mother of Mercy interview


Mother of Mercy plays metallic, evil, eerie hardcore out of Pennsylvania. They've put out two 7"s and two full lengths since their demo in 2008. New record called IV: Symptoms of Existence is on Bridge 9, so check it out and see them on the tour they're on to support the new record. Interview is with vocalist, Bob.

What's the PA scene like right now and who are some bands up there kids should know about?

Pa scene is really good right now. I count wilkesbarre/philly all of this area as one scene and there's tons of good bands. Title Fight Stick Together Tigers Jaw Disengage United Youth Wrong Answer Agitator Daylight Balance And Composure Black Feathers, all awesome bands. There's always good shows going on in Philly thanks to Joe Hardcore. I love living where I do and going to the shows I get to see and anyone who comes here will probably tell you the same.

What are a few bands that have influenced Mother of Mercy?

We all love bands like Memorial Day, Ringworm, Undertow,Only Living Witness, Supertouch, things like that. They may not all directly influence what we sound like but in one way or another they definitely influenced us.

Has anyone in the band been in any other projects, past or present?

I sang in Letdown.
Vince played guitar in the killers for a little bit.
Drew played guitar in Letdown, plays guitar in gypsy and sang in On Course.
Joe plays bass in Daylight.
Kyle played bass in On Course, and drums in Salvation.

What is the message of Mother of Mercy's music?

No real message to get across, just me talking about personal shit that I think about

What bands are you proud to have played with so far?

Between Letdown and MOM I've gotten to play with:
-One Life Crew
-Ringworm
-Sick Of It All
-Agnostic Front
-My Luck
-Floorpunch
-Negative Approach
-Think I Care

Tons of awesome shows I would have been to anyways but cool to be able to say I played them.

How do you feel about the future of hardcore? Where do you see the scene in 5 or 10 years?

Probably a ton more wilkesbarre bands pop up like always. Hopefully philly gets more younger bands.trends will come and go so who knows what kids will be into, hopefully screamo doesn't get cool cuz that would suck.

Anything else you want to add?

Stay edge, buy the new record, I'm siked on the new supertouch
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Mother of Mercy on Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment