March 31, 2011

United Youth


United Youth is from Wilkes-Barre PA (home to Cold World, Dead End Path, Bad Seed, and tons more), which gives them enough cred for me to check em out. Even though the average age of the band is around 18, they sound old school as hell and even if the band doesn't go on to huge things, I've got a feeling the kids in United Youth will be around for a long time. They're playing United Blood this week so I talked to their bassist, Tyler.

So I've heard the guys in United Youth are all pretty young, is this true?
Yeah, Adam and Dana are 16. Chris and myself are both 18. George is 19 so i would say were pretty young haha.

How does it feel to be playing United Blood at that age?
For me its mind blowing. It's such a good opportunity for our band, we also we get to play with bands that we love too see, and bands we never thought we would ever see.

What's it like growing up around Wilkes-Barre?

I love Wilkes Barre, I would never wanna move away. Everyone from this area is like a family. So many good bands from our area, the older kids always willing to give us advice to help us in the long run.

How long have you been into hardcore and how did you first get into it?
I have only been coming around for a little over a year. I found hardcore through punk rock. The punk scene was dying in Wilkes Barre no kids, no shows, no bands. I still enjoyed coming to shows and the later found out hardcore is what I love.

What music has the band released so far?
We have released just a demo you can buy it on backtobackrecords.com/

What do you want to convey with the band's lyrics?
Mostly positive lyrics on stuff we don't think is right in society such as racism, and bullying.

What's in the future for the band?

we will be releasing a 7in in the future on Back to Back/lockin out records.
we will be touring in the begginging of july with the band face reality the dates are coming soon.

Anything you wanna add?
bands you should check out:
Mother of Mercy, Dead End Path, Title Fight, Disengage, Stick Together, Face Reality, Bottom Out, Not Til Death, Amends, Concrete Reality, Wrong Answer.

United Youth on Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment